Friday, October 12, 2007

Photographer's child syndrome

I am often told 'I bet you have some amazing shots of your son.' Well, I wish I could proudly say 'yes.' The *great* shots are even far and few between. My son is just not a camera hound. He is a non stop, on the go toddler. I am looking so forward to the day that bribery works! Does that make me a bad mommy? ;) This is what happens when I set out to get some pictures of my boy:

We have tears


We have no eye contact


So, we took a much needed long weekend recently and I had the grand idea of doing a family beach portrait. It was brutal...a 2 year who did not want to cooperate, and me - composing the shot, setting the timer and running my big butt over to the boys and getting situated all in 10 seconds. There was a keeper - only one. But, I love it and for once, I'm actually in a picture! :)


On a sidenote, I know I have been a horrible blogger. I am covered up, but slowly digging out. I promise to post some recents real soon!

1 comment:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

YAY!! What a GREAT family shot! I'm sure one of only a few... Gorgeous!