Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MAJOR Technical Difficulties

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry to have left my blog without update for so long. I've had to step away from blogging due to this very busy holiday season. However, I did want to let my clients know what has been happening in the land of Stefanie Weber Photography.

A few weeks back, I had an issue with my email. I believe my web host was hacked. This resulted in an Inbox innundated with over 800+ emails over a matter of 3 days. I simply bulk deleted all the messages, as they would come in hundreds at a time. If you tried to email me during that time and never received a reply, my sincere apologies.

The week after that, my worst nightmare occurred - a hard drive failure. And we're talking catastrophic folks. A 1TB external that I was using somehow became corrupt. I have 3 different forms of backup, so ALL was not lost. However, my DVD burner which I back up on was kaput, and my poor PC's hard drive was full. That resulted in several new sessions being placed on the drive. There was no way that I was going to lose all of that work. So, I sent it away to a data recovery service, and luckily they were able to 'rebuild' all of data on the drive. The cost was ghastly, but it was totally necessary. The drive is en route to me and if you are waiting on a session or order, I appreciate your patience and will have your precious memories to you VERY soon!

Then today...my phone died. I mean D-E-A-D. It won't even turn on. I am in the middle of getting the issue resolved. In the meantime, please call 293-7833 and leave a message. I apologize for any inconvenience ALL of this has caused. This has been a bad month, technology-wise for me.

On the schedule front, my calendar is officially closed for the year. Well, let me rephrase, all sessions booked from here on out will not be available until after the holidays. The sheer volume of work coupled with all of the technical snafus have really put me behind. I must focus on getting the work that I currently have on my plate done. This has been my best year yet and I thank everyone who has entrusted me to capture their family's special moments.

Once again, I thank everyone for their patience and understanding during this very hectic time. I will have all outstanding galleries posted very soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How horrible!!! Luckily you were able to retrieve the information, but I know it must have cost you thousands. Gulp.