Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tweens and Teens

tween - n.
A child between middle childhood and adolesence, usually between 8 and 12 years old


I get the opportunity to photograph hundreds of newborns, babies, and toddlers each year. I've noticed that after toddler-hood photo sessions become less frequent. Lives get real busy with school, sports and other activities. But these years are just as formative as the baby years. That's why I was so happy when mom contacted me to photograph 'S' and 'A'. With older children, you can communicate your vision, and really take the time to compose a shot.


Gorgeous sister 'A'

And 'S', a very talented guitarist


Playing with some different processing and a background blend.

It was really neat to discover that 'S' had the same guitar teacher as my husband did 20 years ago. It's a small world!




post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the guitar images!! Though they are all beautiful!! Really nice work!!

Anonymous said...

These are so wonderful. I love the ones with the instrument too.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie these are just BEAUTIFUL images!!

Stueller said...

These are great. I really like the crop in that first one!

Atchley Photography said...

These are all wonderful! Great job!

Stacey J. said...

I'm just stopping by to tell you I love your images. Your banner is adorable in the leaves.
Stacey

jj said...

very nice images! :)